Friday, March 4, 2011

Here I go again......

Yes, here I go again, but not on my own.....and I think that may make all the difference in the world!  I have started the C25K (Couch to 5K) again.  I am plodding along much better than my last 2 attempts and tonight I had quite a unique experience.  While jogging I began to pray (this part isn't new) but I realized that I was breaking down the stronghold I'd stood and banged on the door of for YEARS!  I understood that what I was doing was a sacrifice that I could give to God.  It changed EVERYTHING about the way I felt about what I was doing, not what I was doing mind you, but my attitude.  Suddenly I wanted to jog and to keep going, even if physicially it wasn't any easier.  It's a big step for me.  Now tonight I realize I need to approach my relationship with food the same way....it can be my offering to the Lord.  Maybe I am the only one this makes any sense to, and that's okay, because this is my journey.  My stronghold that I want to break free from!!  Pray I can stay the course and ignore the attacks of the Enemy.....cause Here I go again, not on my own.....

No comments:

Post a Comment